Sunday, November 27, 2005

The secrets of a flagrant momento....

Once again it is Sunday, otherwise known as laundry day. I've pretty much managed to get over that cold that had been lingering in me all week. At work, it's the end of the first term so there was a lot to do, lots of paperwork, grading papers... December will be a much more fun month, or at least I hope so.
Yesterday I went to a demonstration here in Ljubljana to protest reforms that the goverment plans to make. Most of the unions were there from all over the country, pensioners, students. It was a huge demonstration for Slovenian standards. 40,000 people sure doesn't sound like a lot in terms of a metropolis like London or NYC... But for a small country like Slovenia, it's huge. It was wonderful to see such solidarity and that the huge snowfall didn't keep people from coming out and speaking out.
Today I spent the morning editting and correcting a text I got from one of the agencies I translate for. This afternoon I have to correct the rest of the papers from the English competition that took place on Friday. I need the cash, so I won't complain.
December is almost here...I'm happy and depressed. It's usually a gorgeous month here with so much going on and the town is always so charmingly decorated. But alas, my love is in Amman and neither of us has the money to visit the other at the moment. How cruel and unfair...
I'm already in so much debt as it is.... I wish I knew what to do....
If anyone out there is reading this, I would welcome some suggestions...
Cheers,
Beti

4 comments:

x said...

nice to see a "traditional" blog around. Enjoyed reading it, keep it up. And I hope you get to visit your husband soon :)

x said...

sorry I meant fiance

Omar said...

Ljubica

The phone in the photo is mine...
and I took that photo too

Love you

Betqa said...

Ok... for the rest of you, the 1st 2 comments are from Omar,creator of the "Earth to Omar" blog... The 3rd comment is from Omar, my dearest...
So, to Omar of the 1st 2 comments: thanks so much for the kind words... I'm happy you've enjoyed reading... I'm slowly adding links as I go along...
And to my dearest Omar of comment #3, I agree, everyone should know that it's your phone and that you're took the picture...I love you too and miss you more and more every day that we are apart...
Beti