Thursday, April 14, 2011

What's your coffee ritual?

Roba asked this question... unlike her, I have nothing against rituals.
Anyone who knows me also knows that I consume huge amounts of coffee. Here's my coffee ritual (which varies slightly from day to day):
Workdays:
5:30am - get up, put 8 heaping scoops of Brazil coffee house blend into filter + 7 cups of water, turn on machine, go do some yoga
5:50am- pour cup of coffee, add a touch of milk so it looks like mud (no sugar or any other sweetener), drink coffee while packing stuff up for work and Katja's daycare
6:15am - wake up Katja and give her breakfast, pour my second cup of coffee and drink while getting dressed
Since I start work a tad later on Mondays and Tuesdays, after dropping Katja off at daycare, I usually go to Cups & Kilos and get a latte (to go) (at around 7:40am).
If I am lucky enough to have a break during the day, I either a) get a latte at R'n'B, b) get a latte at Café des Artistes or c) in the office--> two teaspoons of Nescafe & two teaspoons of CoffeeMate.

Weekends: same coffee I make workday mornings, but bottomless cup for as long as I am at home :)

4 comments:

kinzi said...

Mmmmm, Betqa, yummy! I'm laughing a little, as the three people who have responded so far are Rainbow Street area educators!

Fun to think you and I are up at the same time, just a mountain away, savoring.

Marko said...

Lol ,.. you made me really hungry for coffee, now let go find some nice cool coffee.

Unknown said...



thank you

سعودي اوتو

depgrl said...

I’ve had to cut down on coffee. Drink a small cup at home and a latte or cappuccino at a cafe or resto. and sometimes drink decaf.